VIA| Dryers are wonderful machines. I know I would be lost without mine, and so would millions of other people are the world.
Dryers, though immensely convenient, also have their dangers, and some of those dangers can be very hard to spot.
Having your lint screen from your dryer be dirty is not only unclean and certainly does not help your clothes become spotless, but it is also a fire hazard, and is actually one of the main causes for fires in homes across America.
Many think they are safe from the fire hazard when they take that loose lint from the screen, but there might be another danger hiding in your drying machine.
All you need to test for the threat is some water.
Simply take your lint screen, and run it under a faucet.
If the lint screen holds water, that means there is still a thin layer of highly flammable lint that is coating your lint screen!
Tough virtually invisible, this thin layer of dry material is still enough to start a small fire, which can easily turn into a large fire thus threatening your home and safety.
Be sure to check your lint screen for any invisible material from time to time, and if you find any, clean it away!
The best way to clean the small particles from the screen is with a dish washing brush, or something of a similar nature.
If you want to learn more about cleaning your dryer and that old lint screen, check out this video below, and make sure to use your dryer responsibly!