FACT: In 1906, Detroit had the highest per-capita income in the entire nation.
FACT: Republican mayors oversaw Detroit from 1933-1962 (with the exception of 1948,49 & 50)
FACT: Since 1962, Democratic mayors have run Detroit.
THESE ARE THE FACTS OF DETROIT TODAY:
- 47% of Detroit’s residents are functionally ILLITERATE.
- LESS THAN HALF of it’s residents over age 16 are employed.
- 60% of all children in Detroit live in POVERTY.
- 40% of the streetlights do not work.
- Only about 1/3 of the ambulances are up and running.
- 2/3 of the parks have been PERMANENTLY CLOSED sine 2006.
- LESS THAN 10% of the crimes committed in Detroit are ever solved.